Sesame Schoolhouse is the latest milestone in Sesame Street’s mission: to help children everywhere to reach their highest potential. The Sesame Street methodology integrates content in a seamless process to ensure that learning is pedagogically sound, engaging and culturally relevant. The Sesame Street Preschool™ and Sesame Street Afterschool™ programs have been designed on the following principles:
- All children have a unique potential that needs to be encouraged and channelled, so that learning is continuous and lifelong.
- In order for children to succeed in today's highly complex and technologically powered world, children need a whole new set of skills to succeed in life.
- Develop a positive attitude in children and appreciate diversity and help them to make active choices and become independent thinker.
- Help children observe, question, investigate, reflect and inspire them to think out of the box in order to succeed.
- Encourage children and teachers to co-construct knowledge as partners and expose them to technology as tools to engage with, explore and gather information.
Sesame Street Preschool™: Child-centered, pre-primary education for ages 2 to 5. Our preschools bring together highlytrained teachers, fun, collaborative projects, and a colorful environment that activates learning - enlivened by the lovable characters of Sesame Street and India’s own Galli Galli Sim Sim. We are ushering in a new generation of global citizens with the confidence, skills and cultural awareness they’ll need to thrive. That means nurturing children with lessons about growing uphappy and healthy, as well as academics. Our curriculum spans six key areas of early childhood development - cognition, language, social, emotional, physical and cultural diversity - in line with India’s National Curriculum Framework.
Sesame Street Afterschool™: Thinking ahead, our afterschools are a unique enrichment program designed to build strong foundations in science, math and critical thinking for ages 6 to 8. Through two hours of hands-on activities twice a week, the program engages children with their environment and fosters a sense of wonder about the world around them. We help reinforce math and science concepts by making children learn at their own pace by breaking down concepts and explaining the logic behind them. Our courses align with what they are learning in class, providing re inforcement that helps children pick up concepts faster. Our project-based approach helps children de-construct and remember scientific concepts better; boosts their creative and problem solving skills and keeps them ahead of the curve.